It’s summer time, and there’s nothing better than grilling kabobs in your backyard! Chicken, steak, or shrimp kabobs are perfect for appetizers or entrees, and are great at parties or a night in with family and friends.
One of my best friends told me about this mouth-watering shrimp kabob recipe. It is a light, summer time meal that is very easy to make.
This is a delicious and healthy recipe. If you use fat-free Italian dressing, each kabob is only 150 calories.
Also, this recipe only makes 4 kabobs, if you would like to make more just double all of the ingredients!
Adapted from this shrimp kabob recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Kelapo coconut oil
* You can use any veggies you want! Fruit is delicious too! This includes onions, peppers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, pineapple, and peaches. The options are endless!
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup salad dressing and shrimp. Cut onion into eight wedges. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the vegetables and remaining dressing. Seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally. You can marinate longer for an even tastier shrimp!
2. Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp and vegetables. Brush the grill grates with Kelapo Coconut Oil. Then grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
Enjoy these while watching fireworks for a light dinner on the Fourth of July!