In season fruit and vegetables are not only cost efficient, but taste better than out of season ones. Currently, pears are in season! Pears are one of my favorite fruit, so when I found this recipe for grilling pears for a healthier dessert, I knew I had to try it! I’m a sucker for sweets and always seem to be craving some sort of dessert after dinner. The problem with my sweet tooth is of course, unwanted calories and too much sugar. Try this recipe for something sweet without the extra sugar and bloating!
1 ripe pear (per person)
Frozen Yogurt or Greek Yogurt
1. Prepare a grill to medium hot heat.
2. Halve the pear and scoop out their cores. (Pears may be peeled or left with the peel on, whichever you prefer).
3. Brush the cut-side of the pear with a light coat of Kelapo Coconut Oil, or try spraying them with Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray for a light coating.
4. Put the halves, cut-side down, on the grill. Cover and cook until grill-marked and heated through, about 10 minutes.
5. Serve pears hot with one scoop of frozen yogurt or Greek yogurt.
I realize it may be difficult to go outside and grill pears during the winter months, so what I recommend is baking pears. To bake pears you follow directions 1-3, but instead of the grill, you place the halves onto a baking sheet greased with Kelapo Coconut Oil. Bake the halves for 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?