For the next three weeks, Wednesday will be Wrap Wednesday here at Kelapo! Today I wanted to share a quick and easy recipe for a grilled chicken ceasar wrap. A few nights ago, my roommate James was making this wrap in the kitchen and it looked so enticing! I’m still dieting, so there was no tasting involved for me, but James gave this creation two thumbs up. The recipe was actually created by a chef who works at The Frog Pond, a little breakfast restaurant located in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. James is a server at the local restaurant and wanted to try something new for lunch one day. After becoming completely obsessed with this wrap that the chef created, James asked if he could watch him make one…of course the chef wouldn’t say no! With James learning this new recipe, I watched his cooking skills to see how things were done. I’m sure glad I did because now I’ll know how to make this tasty dish!
The whole process took about 30 minutes and looked extremely simple. Personally, I think that little ones would love to help out with making these wraps. There’s something about assembling food that gets their attention going. This grilled chicken ceasar wrap is great for a weekend lunch at home or for a dinner that everyone will enjoy! The portions listed in the ingredients will make 2 full sized wraps. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
8 ounces chicken breast, diced
1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil
Cajun seasoning, to taste
2 teaspoons of hot sauce
¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons ceasar salad dressing
2 wraps, I used a gluten-free wrap that I found at my local grocery store
- Place a pan on medium-high heat, add in Kelapo Coconut Oil. Next, add in diced chicken breast, season, and sauté chicken until fully cooked.
- In a medium bowl, combine romaine lettuce, ceasar dressing, cheese, and hot sauce. Mix thoroughly until lettuce is completely coated.
- Next, place chicken in the bowl with the romaine mixture and toss thoroughly until all chicken is evenly coated.
- Set your wraps on a flat surface and spoon the chicken/romaine mixture onto the center of the wrap. Fold the sides of the wraps in towards the center to completely cover the chicken mixture, as if a burrito would look.
- Place a clean pan on medium heat and spray with Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray. Place the folded wrap onto the pan and press down with a spatula. Keep hold for about 1 to 2 minutes for each side, the wrap will become a golden brown.
- Remove the wrap from the pan once golden and crispy, cut in half, and serve!
James told me that the interesting part about this dish is that it has a tad bit of a spicy kick, while still getting the enjoyment of a ceasar salad in a wrap…plus it’s packed with protein! Feel free to omit the hot sauce and Cajun seasoning and season the chicken to your liking. A little tip for saving on calories and fat, try using a low-fat ceasar dressing and fat-free cheddar cheese. My personal favorite ceasar dressing is Bolthouse Farms; they are yogurt based so there are only 45 calories and 2.5 grams of fat per 2 tablespoons!