There is something about yogurt and fruit that is just so tasty. I think it has to do with the creamy texture of the yogurt mixing together with the sweet fruit that brings out a delicious combination.
When I make this dish, I chose to use Greek yogurt because it contains probiotic cultures and has twice the protein found in regular yogurts. Since plain, nonfat Greek yogurt can sometimes be a little bit too tart for my liking, I mix together honey and coconut oil together to bring out an additional sweet flavor.
- 1 cup of mandarin oranges, sectioned and cut in half
- 2 cups of pineapple chunks
- 1 cup of sliced kiwis
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Kelapo Coconut Oil; melted
- Shredded coconut; optional
- Combine oranges, pineapple, and kiwi into a medium size bowl.
- Mix together honey and coconut oil until well blended. Mix into fruit bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt into fruit and combine until fruit is covered with yogurt.
- Top with shredded coconut, if desired, and place in fridge for 1 hour before serving.
This fruit dish is perfect for entertaining or even great for breakfast on the go. The ambrosia is packed with protein, vitamins and healthy fats to get your day off to a great start. If you did wish to eat this for breakfast try topping with your favorite granola, not only will you get the added crunch but it’s packed with whole grains. Between the Greek yogurt and granola, your body will be sure to stay full until lunchtime!