I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday afternoon! Today is National Grandparents Day so don’t forget to call or visit your loving grandmother or grandfather! I have fond memories of my childhood but there are always some that you remember a bit more than others. I remember always sitting on my grandfathers lap watching golf and I remember making the BEST french toast with my grandmother. It was so delicious that I decided to make it again and replaced butter with coconut oil. Here is my recipe for tasty french toast…how Grandma used to make it!
6 slices of bread
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
3 tablespoons of Kelapo Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Leave your bread on the counter overnight. The bread will harden a little bit and make for an even tastier breakfast!
- Combine eggs, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a medium bowl
- Heat a skillet on medium and add in 1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil
- Coat bread with Coconut Oil on both sides
- Place a slice of bread in bowl and coat with mixture on both sides
- Place bread on skillet and cook until golden brown.
Continue with each slice of bread until every slice is cooked. Top with a light coat of powered sugar and you have a scrumptious breakfast compliments of Grandma 😉
Do you use coconut oil in your breakfast dishes? Leave us a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Enjoy your Sunday Funday