Two favorite veggies of mine have always been zucchini and yellow squash! I have to admit that they can be a little bland if you eat them dry or don’t know the right type of seasonings to add to make them delicious. I found a new way to eat these veggies that is perfect for the summer months. Not only is it a simple way to make them, but the recipe is also packed with lots of flavor. These veggies are a great side dish for BBQ’s or simple meals like our Buffalo Chicken Burgers.
- 2 medium zucchini; sliced
- 2 medium squash; sliced
- 1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; you can add more or less depending on your taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add in coconut oil.
- Add sliced veggies and saute for about 3 minutes, turning once.
- Add garlic powder to each side and continue sauteing for about 5 minutes. Flip veggies every couple of minutes so both sides turn golden brown.
- Add parmesan cheese to one side and allow to melt. Serve hot.
This is one of my go to recipes because of the simplicity of it. A bonus is that my husband and son both enjoy it and sometimes they tend to be picky when it comes to veggies. I really like cooking my veggies in coconut oil instead of olive oil because coconut oil leaves a light taste to your food while I feel olive oil coats your food with a heavy oily taste.
What is your favorite veggie of the summer?