In the summer time there is nothing more refreshing than fruit salad. Whether you’re at a family party, a friendly barbeque, or just at home looking for a light meal… a colorful fruit salad is always a great choice.
Here is one of my delicious easy recipes that has been at all of my family’s parties and everyone loves. It allows you to use any of your favorite fruits with a coconut lime cream dressing to dip into.
- Pineapple, cored and cut into slices
- Strawberries, washed and stemmed
- Kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 Tbs sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbs Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- Arrange the fruit on the plate to how you desire (leave room in the center)
- Mix the sour cream, coconut flakes, coconut oil, and lime together, and place in center of plate
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Just in case you’re craving fruit salad, but not the coconut/lime cream dressing… that’s fine! You can also take your favorite fruit salad recipes or simply just fresh, chopped fruit and drizzle some coconut oil over it. The coconut oil in the recipe will not over power the fruit salad, and will actually help with weight loss.
My favorite fruit salad is a combination of cut up watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and strawberries all mixed together with coconut oil!