There’s so much buzz around the new Disney movie Frozen. Since its release on Tuesday, it’s done literally BILLIONS of dollars in sales! So if you’re snuggling up this weekend for a family movie night, here’s a treat just for you!
This popcorn is made a little healthier by ditching the butter for coconut oil, and swapping out the corn syrup for coconut sugar and water. Plus, I love popcorn popped in coconut oil. It’s so tasty – and good for you!
- 6 cups popcorn
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut oil, separated
- 1 small package Jello 3oz size, in some blue flavor
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
1. Melt coconut oil and place in a heavy bottomed pot with three kernels.
2. Heat over medium high heat. When the kernels pop, add the remaining kernels and cover.
3. Shake the pot gently to keep the kernels from burning, and when you can’t hear them moving any more, pour the popcorn a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick coconut oil cooking spray.
4. In a large sauce pan on the stove melt coconut oil over medium heat. Once melted, add dry Jello mix, water and coconut sugar, stir well to dissolve sugar.
5. Bring to a boil over medium heat, boil for 4 minutes stir the whole time to prevent burning on the bottom.
6. Pour over popcorn, and mix till well coated. Spread out on prepared cookie sheet in an even layer. Bake in the oven at 250 degrees for 2 minutes, stir twice to help it cook even. Let cool, stir to prevent it sticking together.
Now all you have to do is pop in the DVD and have a family sing-along! I can hear the whole country now… “Let it go, Let it go!” (Really, that’s all I know, but I know it’s now stuck in your head!)