We all love our dogs, even between their sloppy kisses right smack dab in the middle of your face. With summer coming up we need to remember that they need to keep cool too! Although, they pant and drink lots of fluids to keep themselves hydrated it’s always nice to get a special treat every now and than. I discovered a recipe for a peanut butter “pupsicle” that would be the perfect treat for all dogs and would be even better with coconut oil in it!
- 1 medium-sized banana; mashed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Kelapo coconut oil
- 6 small dog biscuits
- Add mashed bananas, yogurt, peanut butter and coconut oil to a large mixing bowl. Using a fork mix the ingredients together until you are left with no large banana chunks.
- Set out 6 – 3oz cups in a straight line.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cups. Once filled, take 1 dog biscuit per cup and place into the center of the mixture.
- Place the cups in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Once completely frozen, remove from freezer. Gently squeeze the cup to loosen the sides of the “pupsicle”. Use your biscuit handle to remove completely from cup.
- Offer this treat to your dog and see him or her go crazy for the delicious treat.
Not only is this a tasty treat for your precious pup but it is a healthy recipe filled with delicious coconut oil. Coconut oil may help with skin irrations or itchness that lots of dogs develop. If you haven’t given your pet coconut oil before try this recipe first or try giving him or her about a teaspoon to start off with. Like with introducing anything new to your pet’s body you want to make sure they can handle it without any issues. Giving a daily intake of coconut oil for your pet may also help with digestive issues that your pet may be experiencing. If you’re in need of another recipe for dog treats try these homemade peanut butter treats, a guaranteed hit with all dogs!
What is your favorite homemade treat to may for your pet?