Dinner is probably one of the hardest plans to plan for, at least in my household. Whenever I ask my husband what he wants for dinner it’s either an “I don’t know” or “It’s up to you”. It’s so very frustrating to hear that so I am always on the hunt for new recipes or new ways to create a delicious recipe. Previously, when I explained my frustrations to the office, Michelle could completely agreed with me. Can you imagine that, her fiancé is exactly like my husband, men! So we decided that together we would make a delicious dinner and dessert to share with others who may find dinner to be a difficult task.
Garlic Lime Chicken with Cilantro Lime Dressing:
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
5oz plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Place fresh lime juice and garlic powder in a large zipper bag and place chicken breasts inside. Allow to juice to marinate the chicken for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F and spray pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl place egg in bowl and slightly whisk. On a paper plate crush crackers.
- Take chicken breasts out one at a time and coat the tops with coconut oil. Then coat with egg on both sides and finally coat with crushed crackers on both sides. Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In blender pour in Greek yogurt, lime juice and cilantro. Blend until mixed together. Chill until chicken is cooked.
- Plate your chicken and pour chilled dressing on top. Serve on top a bed of rice with your favorite veggies!
Homemade Carrot Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/4 cups Kelapo Coconut Oil, melted
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts) optional
1 cup raisins (optional
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 9” pans or one 12” cake pan or one 9”x 13” sheet pan by lining with parchment or wax paper.
- Mix together in a bowl together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, sugars, and vanilla for about minute or so.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minutes more.
- Add the grated carrots. Then add nuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 45 to 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a skewer, it should be dry when taken out. Cool then fill and frost with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with more nuts.
To make the cream cheese frosting: a bowl beat together cream cheese and coconut oil until creamy. Add in icing sugar and beat for a minute. Add vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another minute.
This completes your delicious, homemade dinner and dessert that everyone in your family is sure to enjoy. I personally enjoyed how flavorful the lime juice made the chicken and how tender the meat was. I know that Michelle loves herself a good carrot cake especially when it is homemade. Using coconut oil in her cake made the flavors really come out and kept the cake moist.
What is your favorite dinner and dessert to make at home for your family?