It’s finally Election Day! And many of us will be staying up tonight watching as the “votes come in,” so why not turn tonight into a watch party for your friends and family! We came up with a clever dish that will satisfy your appetite while we all wait in anticipation to find out who are president will be for the next four years.
Election Day Popcorn Ingredients:
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 cup red M&M’s
1 cup blue M&M’s
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
sea salt, to taste
- Place the red M&M’s in one bowl and the blue M&M’s in another bowl, set aside.
- Melt coconut oil and place in a heavy bottomed pot with three kernels.
- Heat over medium high heat. When the kernels pop, add the remaining kernels and cover.
- Shake the pot gently to keep the kernels from burning, and when you can’t hear them moving any more, pour half of the popcorn into each bowl.
- Season with sea salt and gently stir to incorporate.
I love this recipe because it allows every to enjoy a great snack while supporting their side and you’ll know who everyone is cheering for by which popcorn they eat!
This is one of my favorite snacks year round! What are your favorite late night snacks?