I have a love for chocolate but I am always trying to find ways to make the not so healthy food, healthier. I recently stumbled upon multiple recipes for making zucchini brownies and I thought the idea was crazy! How could incorporating a veggie like zucchini make such an impact on a brownie? I read several comments about how these were the best brownies people had ever eaten so I knew I needed to try it for myself. I replaced the vegetable oil for coconut oil in a 1 to 1 ratio for another healthier alternative. Coconut oil contains no sodium, cholesterol, or trans fat unlike some vegetable oils or butters. Here’s my recipe:
2 cups white sugar
1 cup Kelapo coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 whole zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add in eggs, coconut oil, shredded zucchini and vanilla extract.
- Mix until the ingredients are no longer dry.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or when you can insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies and it comes out clean.