Now that summer time is coming up and the weather is getting warmer, bikini season and days of being in shorts will be here before you know it. I know a lot of women who actually end up stressing about this, me included, because you want to look your personal best when lying on the beach or taking a walk outside. Some hear the word “diet” and ultimately do not want to have to be bound to certain foods for long periods of time.I personally love dieting and eating clean, but today I’m going to share an article that I found that includes small changes that you can make to your lifestyle to help keep yourself happy with your figure.
- Ditch the Soda – Drinking regular soda on a daily basis adds up quickly with extra calories, carbohydrates, and sugar. Eliminating soda can help shed extra pounds simply because your body will have a decrease in these. I personally found that cutting out soda helped tremendously with my sugar cravings as well. If you like having a carbonated drink, try a natural flavored seltzer or even infuse your own water with fruits such as raspberries or strawberries.
- Try to Eliminate Fast Food – Going out to eat at fast food restaurants is another way to rack up extra calories. If you’re craving a fast food dish, try recreating it at home. Our Chick-Fil-A nuggets and McDonald’s chicken nuggets are two recipes that are a healthy alternative to some traditional favorites. Lani’s sweet potato fries will go great with both!
- Make Healthy Swaps – My newest addiction is replacing butter or olive oil for coconut oil in all my recipes or cooking on the stove top. The medium chain triglycerides that are found in coconut oil are processed through the liver, which fuels your body with energy. Also try swapping out fried chicken for grilled and a cream based dressing to a homemade one or balsamic vinegar. Jen’s light lemon chicken salad is a great healthy lunch or dinner idea.
- Consume Wholesome Foods – Lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and vegetables should all become a staple in your household. Examples would be chicken, ground turkey, sweet potatoes, brown rice, coconut oil, almonds, broccoli, and asparagus. You can then get creative with your meals, such as a vegetable lasagna, chicken skewers with tzatiziki sauce, or orange glazed vegetables.
- Meal Prep – Prepping your meals for the day or even the week is a great way to stay on track. Something as simple as having breakfast and lunch prepared will help you from eating out or skipping one of the most important meals of the day. These overnight oats and spinach muffins are both easy to make and delicious, too!
This story was very inspiring to me and I could definitely relate with starting off the way that Teena did. Even though these five tips may seem small, they add up to big changes in the body. Give at least one a try and see what it may do for you! Make sure to check out the full article and how Teena achieved her weight loss goals.