Mother’s Day is this weekend! Do you know what you are getting for your mom yet? Why not plan something special for your mom? She loves nothing more than spending time with the love of her life, you! So plan a special day for her and make some DIY gifts along the way. Here are two ideas to choose from:
Mom and Daughter Spa Day
Ahead of time make your mom a DIY Spa Gift Basket. In the basket include:
- Foot Scrub – Your mom will love pampering those feet that she is always running around on. She deserves soft and relaxed feet! Try our lavender and rose foot scrub or make your own with coconut oil, coconut sugar, and your mom’s favorite essential oils. If she is really on her feet all the time you might want to include a whole kit that includes a foot soak, foot scrub, foot mask, and foot lotion.
- Body Scrub – Your mom shouldn’t only have soft feet! Help her get super soft skin by exfoliating with our favorite summer body scrub, coffee scrub, sugar beet scrub, or our citrus scrub.
- Lotion – She will definitely need to moisturize after exfoliating with your homemade scrubs! She will love the lotion even more because you made it for her. Try our jasmine coconut oil skin polish, 2 ingredient DIY lotion, or our ginger skin cream.
- Mani/Pedi – Don’t forget to use our coconut oil spray after your manicure and pedicure to ensure no chipped nails! It will also help moisturize your cuticles!
- Hair Mask/Deep Conditioner – Include small pouches of coconut oil to rub in hair and fight split ends while your mom is enjoying the rest of her pampering. The coconut oil will leave her hair feeling silky and smooth. Leave in for at least an hour and be sure to shampoo twice afterwards. Or try Kourtney Kardashians favorite hair mask! We also love our DIY caramel hair mask!
- Bath Time – Your mom will love relaxing in a bath after a hard day at work. Include some bath “cookies”, or our DIY bath bombs.
- Lip Balm – Throw in some DIY lip balm too!
- Candles – Include a candle to burn during your relaxing spa day with mom!
Once you have the basket made, plan out the day. Wake your mom up with breakfast in bed! Make her favorite dish or try something new: heart healthy oatmeal, perfect paleo breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes, or eggs benedict. After breakfast, pamper yourselves with everything in the spa basket you made for your mom! Spend the afternoon shopping, catch a movie, or let your mom pick her favorite thing to do. End the day with a homemade dinner for your mom. Let her help if she wants, it will be a fun experience to cook with your mom instead of one of you doing all of the work. Let her pick the dish or head to our recipe section for some more great ideas!
Mom’s Beach Day
Ahead of time make your mom’s favorite dessert or try a new one she might like: Homemade chocolate truffles, vegan chocolate cherry cheesecake, or a coconut layer cake. Don’t forget about something easy you guys can grab and eat on the way to the beach like our pancake muffins, protein breakfast cookies, or zucchini bread.
Spend the day at the beach, make sure to pack lunch if you don’t want fried beach food. Or try our grilled chicken Caesar wrap to take with you. Just in case you or your mom got a little too much sun, you also might want to have some home remedies prepared. I know I’m always tired after a day in the sun, so spend the night in. Grab some takeout from your mom’s favorite restaurant, it will be too packed to go out to eat anyways. Turn on Netflix and watch your mom’s favorite movie. Don’t forget the popcorn! Try our healthy microwave popcorn and drizzle a little coconut oil on top instead of butter. Last, but not least surprise your mom with the dessert you prepared the day before.
Try one of these ideas out, your mom will love spending the whole day with you and she will especially love seeing all of the personal touches by you. Have a great Mother’s Day!