I love homemade gifts and decorations, so you can imagine how excited I was when I found out you can make your own cookie ornaments. They are very simple to make and it was a lot of fun to decorate them afterwards! You can choose any shape you want for your ornaments, but I chose elephants!
1/2 cup Kelapo Coconut Oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground ginger
1. In a medium bowl cream coconut oil, sugar and syrup.
2. Sift dry ingredients together; blend into creamed mixture.
3. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll dough on floured board to 1/8 inch thickness, cut with cookie cutter.
5. Take a toothpick and cut out a hole near the top of your cookie. You could also use a straw.
6. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
To decorate the ornaments you will need:
Ribbon or wire
Once cookies have cooled, you will need to string your ornaments with ribbon or wire.
Then with the puffy paint, you can draw any design you want on your ornaments.
Let dry and enjoy!
Now, not only do I have cute gifts to give everyone, but they also smell fantastic! What are your favorite types of gifts?