Many families are looking for more budget friendly ideas for the home, especially when it comes to dinner. My husband and I like to keep a close eye on our finances so we are always looking for easy, affordable meals. The other night I just wanted a simple, yet filling dinner, so I came up with my own recipe for Black Bean Quesadillas. It was SO easy and quick to make that my wallet definitely thanked me! It was just a few easy
steps and within 15 minutes dinner was on the table for my family! Here is my delicious recipe :
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 pkg tortillas
- 1 8 oz pkg of cheddar cheese
- 1 60z pkg of Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of Kelapo Coconut Oil
- Pour 1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil into a medium saucepan. Add black beans and set to a low heat.
- Pour 2 tablespoons Kelapo Coconut Oil in a skillet set to a medium heat.
- Put tortilla in skillet. Add black beans, cheese and a dollop of Greek yogurt to one half of tortilla.
- Flip the top of the tortilla down and press down firmly with a spatula.
- Heat on both sides until golden brown.
Then, I like to put the tortilla on my plate with a spoonful of Greek yogurt on top and ENJOY! I also added a side salad of lettuce and raspberry vinaigrette for a little bit of a sweet taste! All in all, the whole dinner cost me $10.94 at my local grocery store. I didn’t add in the cost of the coconut oil because I already had a jar on hand.
How can you beat dinner for under $11?! I must add that my husband had a second portion and I took my leftovers for lunch the next day, so it really made enough for four adults (my toddler just ate from my plate). I couldn’t get over how easy it was to make after a long day at the office and how crispy the tortilla was from the coconut oil! The meal had such a delicious, light taste that I feel like I could eat this every night for dinner!!