With Thanksgiving now less than a week away; everyone is in major crisis of planning out their family feasts for the holiday. We have made it easy to find some great dishes for your feast all in one place. Whether you make our brown sugar glazed ham or guilt-free pumpkin bread, you know that you are getting a great recipe with quality ingredients! We have given you ideas for the many dish and your dessert but what about the sides? A good meal needs to be complimented with some savory sides and this is why I bring you my crispy green bean recipe.
Crispy Green Beans
2 lbs of fresh green beans
1 tablespoon Kelapo coconut oil
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
pinch of salt and pepper
- In a pot, boil 4 to 5 cups of salted water. When the water comes to a boil, add in the green beans.
- Cook for 5 mins and than place the beans in an ice bath ( bowl with water and ice). Allow the beans to cool.
- In a skillet, on medium heat add your coconut oil to the pan.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute
- Add your cold green beans, salt and pepper to pan.
- Toss so that green beans are coated with garlic and coconut oil.
- Serve warm.
This is one of my favorite recipes for the holiday season and takes no time at all. Within 15 minutes or less you’ve got a delicious side dish that we have your dinner guests asking for more. Using coconut oil instead of butter or olive oil gives a flavorful taste and really helps to bring out the color of the beans. I also feel like it makes the dish feel lighter instead of heavy, which makes you feel sluggish later in the day. Use this technique to make one of Erin’s favorites, Green Bean Casserole, and she even threw a healthy twist into this traditional favorite.
What is your favorite side dish during the holidays?