Summertime is just around the corner, especially here in sunny Florida! When spring starts, I always transition my scents to floral and citrus to go with the season. I have always been obsessed with body scrubs and anything that can make my skin soft, smooth, and moisturized. A little while back, we made a DIY body scrub that was absolutely amazing. I have found that using the coconut oil scrub has helped keep my skin feeling silky…I LOVE it! With all the cardio and hours in the gym that I do on a weekly basis, my feet actually tend to get super dry. In hopes of fixing this problem, I decided to make a citrus scrub to go along with a nice, hot bath and exfoliate my poor little feet.
I recommend soaking in a hot bath first and then using the scrub on your feet. Also, as an added tip, placing a tablespoon of coconut oil in your bath will leave your whole body soft! Now with this scrub, I chose to add in a citrus scented soap to enhance the smell, while getting clean at the same time. You can really get creative with these exfoliating scrubs by adding your favorite essential oils or scented soaps into the mix. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
½ cup sugar
¼ cup Kelapo Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon citrus soap, I used Dr. Bronner’s Citrus Soap
1. Place sugar and coconut oil in a medium bowl.
2. Cut lemon in half and squeeze in the juice.
3. Take a grater to the skin of the lemon to get the zest and add to the mixture.
4. Add citrus soap and stir thoroughly with a spoon.
5. Use a spatula to scrape the mixture into a container of your choice.
6. When in a bath, take mixture and place on desired body part. Rub in gently about 1 minute and rinse. Repeat as needed.