The list of celebrities using coconut oil is growing larger and larger by the moment. From Gwyneth Paltrow to Kourtney Kardashian, so many are now turning to coconut oil for both health and beauty uses. Among the many uses that coconut oil has, its primary purpose is to be used for cooking/baking in a 1:1 swap for butter or oil. The medium chain triglycerides which are found in coconut oil are used immediately for energy once consumed, instead of being stored in the body (this where my personal favorite use of consuming coconut oil before my workout comes into play).
Now, the other uses for coconut oil go past 100 – yes, I did say over 100 uses! This amazing superfood is versatile for topical application, which is where the beauty uses come in. From moisturizing to helping heal sunburn, the answer is yes yes yes, it can be done! Let’s take a look at how Eva Mendes is incorporating coconut oil into her routine.
- Have consistent workouts – Mendes states, “I’ll do cardio and light weights at least three times a week.” Making sure to keep up with toning and cardiovascular health is important for any age; staying active simply makes you feel better. Try my energizing coffee protein shake before your next workout, which contains a combination of coconut oil and coffee. Talk about an added boost!
- All-natural makeup removal – Mendes is a fan of using coconut oil as a makeup remover. Simply “use coconut oil on a damp washcloth,” she states. Eva admits, “I’m also on the coconut oil bandwagon. I use it all over.” Take a look at our list of beauty uses for more tips and ideas.
- Witch hazel – Do you have trouble with extremely oily skin? Mendes says which adding which hazel to your routine helps oily skin and complexions.
- Take advantage of shower steam – Not only to open pores, but actually to help set your make up so it lasts all day! Mendes says, “Believe it or not, after I’ve applied my makeup, I run the hot shower for a minute and I let the steam settle my makeup.”
- Use more blush – Branch out from only applying blush to your cheeks. “When applying blush or rouge, don’t skip your nose. Make sure you apply a little bit across your nose as well,” states Mendes.
I definitely found all of these beauty tips to be so interesting and will be starting to incorporate them into my daily beauty routine! For more coconut oil healthy and beauty uses, be sure to try oil pulling, this three ingredient moisturizer, and our DIY acne remedy.
What’s your favorite coconut oil beauty use?
Information in this article courtesy of E! Style & Beauty.