As you parade around the beach today, in your coconut shell bikini top, you will need a tasty beverage to help you simultaneously celebrate Cinco De Mayo and beat the heat. What better way to celebrate the holiday then with some homemade margaritas!
Today I am going to share with you my homemade margarita concoction, it may sound a bit odd, but trust me it is delicious. I have made these margaritas for the past few Cinco De Mayos and they always seemed to be missing something, no matter what I tried, the taste of tequila was just too strong for everyone to enjoy the drink. Recently I decided I would break out the blender and try to improve my recipe before the big holiday. I am sure you can all guess what I used to smooth out the flavor of my drink…coconut oil. At first, I thought it would ruin the consistency of my margarita, but in the end it really took away some of the bite from the tequila and helped to bring out the tropical flavor of the drink.
Here’s what you need: (if you use a 48oz blender this should make about six 8oz drinks)
- 1 LTR Jose Cuervo Especial gold
- 1 Bottle Grand Marnier
- 1 Bottle Jose Cuervo Margarita mix
- 1 Small bottle of grenadine
- About 3 limes
- Fresh orange juice
- Ice cubes
- 1 Table spoon of Kelapo Coconut Oil
- Take one cup of ice and place it in a large (48oz) blender.
- Add one and a half cups of fresh orange juice and one tablespoon of melted coconut oil.
- Blend ice, juice, and oil until the ice is a slushy consistency.
- Add in one and a half cups of Jose Cuervo, one cup of Grand Marnier, a quarter cup of grenadine, and a three quarter cup of margarita mix.
- Squeeze the juice of one whole lime into the blender.
- Blend drink on a low speed, mixing setting.
- Pour drink into six 8oz margarita glasses and garnish with lime wedges.
Please enjoy responsibly 🙂
Are there any blended drinks you like to make with coconut oil?