Who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese sandwich? Whether you are two years old or seventy years old a grilled cheese can really hit the spot! My toddler isn’t a huge fan of cheese but he does like a tasty grilled cheese sandwich, serve with a cup of cold milk and he’s a happy camper! Now, the typical grilled cheese has a couple of slices of bread and a couple slices of cheese right? Well how does a specialty grilled cheese sound to you taste buds right now?!
I decided to “spice up” my typical grilled cheese sandwich today by making a grilled cheese with bacon and my favorite specialty cheeses, from my local grocery store. I thought that this would be a fabulous blend of many different flavors. I also choose to amp up my bread and use a couple of sourdough slices, my favorite bread!
2 slices of bread of your choice
3 – 4 slices of your favorite cheese (mine is white cheddar and yellow sharp cheddar)
2 slices of bacon
1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil; divided
- Place a skillet on medium heat and spray with Kelapo Coconut Oil Spray.
- Place uncooked bacon into skillet and cook until it is to your liking; I like mine to be a bit crispy.
- Remove from heat and slice into bite size pieces.
- Turn on sandwich press and spray with Kelapo Coconut Oil Spray.
- Spread coconut oil on one side of bread and place in press, oiled side down.
- Place cheese and bacon on top of bread and spread second slice of bread with oil.
- Place oiled side up on the sandwich and close the sandwich press.
- When the sandwich is to your liking, remove from heat and serve.
Have you ever tried coconut oil on starchy foods? It is so tasty, you must try it! I love using coconut oil on my grilled cheese because it makes the bread nice and crispy. If you do not have a sandwich press you can always use the stove top to make a nice grilled cheese as well.
Do you like to make specialty grilled cheeses? What are your favorite flavors to incorporate together?
Total Calories : 567 calories