Typically, I’m the last person to shop for Thanksgiving dinner. Because I’m THAT person in line at the grocery store buying the supplies the night before, I typically have to forego the traditional turkey in place for a ham. But, that does not make my meal any less delicious.
I was experimenting in the kitchen last night in preparation of the big meal, especially on a new glaze for the ham. What I came up with is not only super easy, it’s super delicious. A fool-proof way to wow your guests this holiday season.
1 baked ham, saving the juice
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil
- Score diamond shapes in the ham and bake according to directions. Time and temperature will vary based on a cooked, bone-in and uncooked ham.
- Remove ham from oven in the last 20 minutes.
- In separate bowl, mix juice from ham roasting pan (approx. 1 cup), brown sugar and coconut oil. Stir until well blended.
- Brush or spoon mixture over ham, reserving some for serving. Return ham to oven and finish baking.
- Serve warm with additional glaze, if desired.
I ate mine with cabbage, one of my favorite veggies. To make the full dinner table, you could also pair with Garlic Mashed Cauliflower or these paleo-friendly Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Ham and apples are also a delicious pairing – so for dessert you could whip up some of Fit Men Cook’s Stuffed Baked Apples.
Eat up, be thankful, and have a wonderful time with your friends and family!