Recently I went on a road trip from Tampa, FL to Nashville, TN. For those of you who don’t want to do the math that is a 10 hour drive there and back. Which means in a matter of three days I drove/road for 20 hours. That is A LOT of car time.
I knew that because we were making such a quick trip we had to be smart about how many times we made stops. Thus, I went on the hunt for a quick, easy, and healthy snack. I went to work on creating banana oatmeal cups with chocolate chips.
These were the perfect snack because they were individualized snacks, had no lactose (I used dairy-free chocolate chips), and give all of us some protein from the eggs and potassium, vitamin C, and fiber from the bananas. Plus, I made 12 “muffins” for only $3.50! They were such a great bargain because I had all of the ingredients on hand except for the chocolate chips. Hopefully, these can be an affordable snack for you and your family too!
3 mashed bananas
1 cup Almond Milk
1 tbsp. Baking Powder
3 cups Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp. Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork in a medium size bowl. Then add all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix well. Let sit.
3. Spray a muffin pan with Kelapo Coconut Oil Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
4. Stir the chocolate chips into the oatmeal batter. Then pour the batter into your muffin tin, they should be filled.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the edges start browning. Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
These were great for all of us on the road and they kept our hunger at bay until we absolutely had to stop. What’s your favorite snack for road trips?