I always try to eat breakfast but I usually run out of time in the morning because I stay in bed for those extra 5 minutes! Last night, I decided to make a Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries that way I could cut off a piece and take it with me on my way to work…simple, yet filling. It’s such an easy recipe with simple steps and I added in a couple “secret” ingredients to make it even tastier.
1 box of 18oz Oatmeal (I used the Old Fashioned Oats)
1 large egg
4 tablespoons of Kelapo Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
2.5 cups of Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tablespoon of Agave nectar
1 pint of fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together your oatmeal, egg, and coconut oil
- Blend until you get a creamy-like consistency; add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Slowly stir in almond milk until the mix becomes wet; to your liking
- Pour the mix into a glass baking dish and top with the blueberries.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice and then drizzle the top with the Agave nectar
- Place dish in oven and set your timer for 30 minutes.
You will have made a delicious breakfast that is great for grab and go. I sliced my Baked Oatmeal into 10 square pieces and put each individual piece in its own plastic baggy. I keep them in the fridge and they are great cold or warm. There are a couple of different ways to heat it up: you can preheat your oven to 250 degrees and cook the oatmeal for about 5 minutes or you can place it in the microwave for 1 minute and you’ll get a warm, tasty breakfast! Have you ever added coconut oil to your oatmeal or another tasty breakfast dish? Leave us a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org