Chicken is a staple food in my house, we probably eat chicken at least 3 times a week. I’m not complaining but there are only so many things you can do with chicken before it gets boring, am I right? I love finding new recipes to try out, especially ones that include foods that I love! Spinach and feta cheese are two of my all time favorite foods to incorporate together, whether it be in quiches or now chicken! Also, my favorite breakfast meal is a delicious spinach and feta omelette from a local, family-owned breakfast joint!
I feel like the best recipes are the ones that are fairly quick and require little preparation. These types recipes fit my schedule because I get home around dinner time when my toddler wants all my attention but I really need to focus on cooking, so having an easy recipe allows me to do both! Let’s check out what you’ll need for this recipe:
2 chicken breasts
1 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil; divided
10 ounces fresh spinach
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil and saute onion until golden brown.
- Add spinach to skillet and wilt; stir in lemon juice, feta, salt & pepper. Set to the side.
- Cut chicken breasts in half without cutting completely through; divide spinach mixture between both and secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle tops of chicken with paprika and parsley.
- Spray baking dish with Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray and place chicken breasts in.
- Cook chicken for about 35 mins; remove toothpicks and serve.