As an aspiring bodybuilder, and someone who recently started training for my first physique show, it is my humble opinion that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the greatest bodybuilder of all time. I count him as one of my personal heroes and someone I admire. Very few people have accomplished as much as he has in one lifetime.
Recently I found an AMA, short for Ask Me Anything, done by one of Arnold’s fitness advisors, Adam Bornstein, on the popular social discussion board site, Reddit.com. Needless to say, I was ecstatic; this was a chance to get a behind the scenes look at what it takes to get the Arnold like physique. One of the users asked Adam, “If I could eat the same meal, for every meal, forever, what should I eat?” He answered,
“Adam_Bornstein Former Editor of Men’s Health
Chicken, cooked in coconut oil, with a bunch of veggies. Add in a sweet potato if you want to go crazy. Is that simple enough? Protein, fat, veggies, and some delicious sweet carbs for those not afraid of carbs.”
Can you believe it?!? Adam Bornstein, fitness advisor to Arnold Schwarzenegger, is telling me to cook with coconut oil. Not only that, but oddly enough, I cook and eat this meal almost every day. I had no idea that it was pretty much the whole nutritional package. So here is how I like to make chicken, vegetables, and sweet potato.
What you need
- 6oz of chicken
- 1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 12 asparagus stalks
- 1 large sweet potato
- Cut 6oz of chicken into bite size pieces with poultry scissors
- Place coconut oil into medium frying pan on medium high heat
- Add chicken to pan and season to taste (I like Mrs. Dash chicken seasoning, its sodium free)
- Remove chicken from pan, add asparagus to pan and season to taste
- Cook asparagus until tender
- Use a fork to poke holes into your sweet potato, wrap potato in a paper towel
- Place wrapped potato in microwave and cook on high for about twelve minutes, or until the center is tender.
I hope you enjoy this just as much as I did! As an added tip, try putting a little coconut oil on your sweet potato and sprinkle with cinnamon. Delicious!