When you think of coconut oil, you think about cooking with it, right? You know that it is a great substitute for butter and other oils. It is healthier, tastier and natural. But….. Did you know that it has over 150 other uses as well? Here are my favorite ways to use Kelapo Coconut Oil. My clients would agree that some of these tips have changed their life.
- As a Moisturizer — Your skin will be super soft using virgin coconut oil in place of your expensive lotions without all the toxic ingredients. It does not clog pores and actually fights acne with it’s antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- For Scars and Stretch Marks — After my appendix surgery, I immediately started using coconut oil on my scars. During my follow up two weeks later, the surgeon was blown away at how well they had healed. In all of his years of practice he had never seen a two week old scar look as well as mine. He is now recommending the use of coconut oil on old and new scars/stretch marks to all of his patients. Simply apply a small amount 3-4 times per day to the area.
- Oil Pulling— This sounds crazy, but IT WORKS! Oil pulling is very simple. You take a spoonful of unrefined coconut oil and swish in your mouth for 10-20 minutes. I know it sounds like a long time, but if you do it in the shower it goes by fast. Oil pulling whitens teeth! It also uses it’s antibacterial and antiviral properties to kill harmful bacteria under the gums where brushing and flossing cannot reach. It has helped both my husband and myself with gum problems which has reduced our trips to the dentist and the bill that goes along with it.
- Treat Psoriasis and Eczema— Coconut oil is an effective eczema remedy because it is a natural moisturizer with anti-inflammatory properties. It provides relief, soothing irritation and redness in dry skin. And since unrefined coconut oil has amazing anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties, it can also help keep the area clean and help prevent infection. So much more economical than the $100 prescription creams too!
- Boost Your Metabolism— A Tablespoon for Women & 2 Tablespoons for Men is what is generally recommended to consume daily to boost the metabolism. In studies, people who consumed coconut oil before their meals had shown to lose twice as much weight over the study period than those who did not. The MCT (called medium-chain triacylglycerols) are more water soluble than other oils therefore have less opportunity to be deposited in fat stores as well. You can use coconut oil as a spread on toast, a spoonful in smoothies or coffee, mix it in your oatmeal or even drizzle in on top of air popped popcorn…my favorite!
These are only a small percentage of the uses for coconut oil. So do your body a favor and pick up some today. You can thank me later.
Follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HealthCoachAmandaBabonas
Amanda Babonas, CHHC
Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach, Personal Chef, Culinary Expert for Non-Profit, Cooking Instructor